Wednesday, September 9, 2015

World Suicide Prevention Day [2015]

Nothing major for contributions today, just want to recognize the international day for Suicide Awareness and Prevention is 9/10/15 this year.

I've been working on a pretty elaborate piece about the S-word that I'll probably just scrap and free-flow instead. Remember a few things today.

It's okay to not be okay.
You don't have to fit into anyone's archetype.
It's absurd to measure yourself against another's successes and failures.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for the USA is always available, for any reason.
1 (800) 273 - 8255
www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

If you're in the Rapid City, South Dakota area a great resource is the Crisis Care Center, any time, day or night.
(605) 391 - 4863
www.crisiscarecenter.org

I got my hands a little dirty tonight in the local art alley.









1 comment:

  1. Hello Brett,

    I've seen your work in the Art Alley, and I came to BWTBD hoping to find out more about you and your work. What I found is a person that understands dark places. I'm interested in messaging you privately about an idea or two that I have.

    Regards,
    AH

    ReplyDelete